Today I finished some important parts of the project. The motor is screwed to a couple of pieces of high density boards which sandwiches a PVC strip(from an electrical conduit). This is installed(ie glued), at an angle, to the base of the plane like so:
The angle (the motor slightly pointing down about 5°) is done to offset the forward and down effect of a higher mounted motor. Doing this angle offset will cause the back of the main wing to have a slight down push forcing the leading edge of the wing to pitch up.
Once the motor mounting is done.. the section where the main wing is attached to the fuselage needs to be made.
The image above is upside down and shows the CF rods that’s used as the scaffolding for the wing base as well as the CF rods where the rubber-bands will be attached. I sure hope its sturdy enough!
Finally, I began making the rest of the fuselage. The space inside is big!
A deeper look at the cave..
Its beginning to look like a real Skywalker:
So far i’ve added about 50g at this point.