My replacement FPV platform is finally here.. after losing the 1900 Skywalker 2014 due to a bad GPS caused by the vibration of a bad motor (bad bearings) activated by a bad operator (yours truly who ran out of TX juice), I decided to use the same platform but this time with better components (specially the motor!). The platform remains the 1800 Skywalker 2013 CF tail boom (and wooden pan for the FPV cameras) with the elevator on top of the rudder but this time from FPVModel.com.
Here’s how it came in:
and the contents:
Here’s the Lowdown:
1) The 1880 wings seems to be thicker and looks like it also has a slightly longer root chord than the 1900 wings.
2) Unlike the 1900 wings it doesn’t come with a CF strip on top for added strength although I don’t think its needed considering its thickness and the fact that it also has a longer dihedral, covering 1/3 of the wing.
3) Because of the large dihedral, this wing doesn’t come with flaps, it only has enough room for the the ailerons.
1) This is the T-tail version, with the elevator attached on top of the rudder. I think this is a good idea, in my SW 1900 the elevator is attached to the base of the rudder. This has a tendency to get skewed by the tall grass I occasionally land in.
2) The connecting plastic mechanism to snap into and remove the elevator to the rudder seems innovative although looks a little bit flimsy to me. Looks like I need to do a little mod on this.
All the usual parts seems to be complete. Will post the components list next.